Laser and Die Cut Gaskets
In the gasket market, the cost of the basic materials tends to be similar for most gasket makers. The market and types of gaskets made is broad and incorporates a wide range of materials, from rubber to steel. What becomes a key differentiator is how effective the gaskets are cut, increasing material yield and incorporating automation and other labor-saving methods, such as automated collating, stacking, and matrix removal. Preco has years of experience in developing systems for gasket cutting that address these issues, providing multiple solutions with both die cutters and laser cutters available.
- Medical Devices
Providing multiple solutions.
Preco has years of experience in developing systems for gasket cutting that address these issues, providing multiple solutions with both die cutters and laser cutters available.
- Virtually any plastic
- Open & closed cell foams
Some of the many advantages of Die Cutting gaskets.
- Virtually all types of tooling can be run.
- Increased yield. The Preco material handling system facilitates closer nesting of parts.
- Reduced time and labor for handling waste. A variety of part removal systems provides flexibility in processing, including knock out and stacking, ,and tandem part stripping roll feeds.
- Increased system versatility. Preco presses handle both sheet and roll material.
- Flexibility to run virtually any type of flat bed tool, such as steel rule, male/female combination, progressive, chemically etched, machined, etc.
- Silicon beaded gaskets registered to the die before cutting, increasing accuracy and reducing scrap rates with the Preco optical registration system.
- Reduced die costs and set up times. High-speed processing increases throughput with fewer cavities.
- Single pass kiss cutting and through cutting. Features accurate tooling depth control via Micrometer Ram Adjustment.
- Increased steel rule die life.
- Accurate material tracking of thickness variations. Adjustable tension control of the roll feeds compensate via individual pressure adjustments.
- Eliminates material build-up in work area due to material stretch. Infraction of a second, the programmable industrial PC opens roll feeds to relax or release material accumulation with every stroke of the ram.
- Custom built for all industries and markets with help from Preco’Engineering and Design team.
Some of the many advantages of Laser Processing gaskets.
- Non contact processing - eliminates tool and die fabrication, maintenance and storage costs
- Superior edge quality - no burrs, debris or strands left on the cutting edge
- High-speed processing on-the-fly - XY gantry, multiple fixed beams and galvo configurations with processing speeds to 7.6m/second
- Quick setup and pattern change - Windows® based software enables make-to-order processing of short-run or complex jobs
- Vision alignment and registration - register parts before processing and align cut pattern to fiscals - either printed or mold marks