Position Title: Shipping/Receiving Coordinator
Reports to: Shipping/Inventory Supervisor
Ensures organized information/material flow and smooth daily operations in the shipping receiving area. Unloads trucks, verifies and keeps records on incoming and outgoing shipments and prepares items for shipping by performing the following duties.
- Examines incoming shipments, rejects damaged items, records shortages, and corresponds with shippers to rectify damages and/or shortages. Routes items to departments in a timely manner. Identify and document non-conforming products.
- Compares identifying information and counts, weights, or measures items of incoming and outgoing shipments to verify information against bills of lading, invoices, order or other records.
- Manage and understand international shipments and customs.
- Examines outgoing shipments to ensure shipments meet specifications and determines the method of shipment.
- Assembles wooden or cardboard containers or selected pre-assembled containers and closes with appropriate closures.
- Post weights and shipping charges, and any other charges pertaining to shipments.
- Affixes shipping labels on packed cartons or stencils identifying shipping information on cartons. Stamps, stencils, or glues identifying information and shipping instructions onto crates or containers.
- Purchases and maintains an inventory of shipping materials and supplies.
- Operates tier lift truck or uses hand-truck to move, convey, or hoist shipments from shipping and receiving platform to storage or work area.
- Back-up support to other departments (e.g. inventory, purchasing, etc.)
- Assist with filing of assorted forms, i.e. purchase orders, transfer tickets and requisitions.
- Receives, stocks and picks inventory for issuance to the floor or requisitioner.
- Assists in cycle counting and physical inventories to insure on-hand accuracies.
- Help maintain a clean, safe and orderly work environment.
- Other job duties as assigned by the supervisor, which may include support to other departments within Preco.
- High school diploma or GED required
- 1-2 years in a shipping/receiving environment
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills; organizational skills are very desirable.
- Familiar with windows based applications.
All Preco, LLC employees are empowered to stop production and notify their supervisor/manager if an unsafe act or product quality concern is occurring. Also, each member of the Preco – Somerset team is responsible for identifying continuous improvement opportunities and participating in problem-solving teams as necessary.
Send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
This position is located in Somerset, WI