Position Title: Service Technician
Reports to: Service Manager
Provide customers with, training, installation of equipment, repair and provide quality parts to keep the systems in operating condition and maintain maximum customer satisfaction.
- Install NC laser systems and/or train customers on the operation and maintenance of the machine.
- Troubleshoot PC hardware and software problems.
- Travel to customer's locations to repair and install systems.
- Schedule your Field Service Trips & itinerary
- Test and repair parts sent in by customers.
- Handle parts sales by maintaining proper inventory, taking customer orders and sending out parts
- Attend technical conferences and seminars, read technical journals or manuals and actively pursue internal/external training to keep abreast of new software and hardware product developments.
- Continually learning and becoming familiar with servicing all industrial laser systems.
- Learn Preco Software Packages: Acubeam, Acunav, MPLC, Procam, Delta Tau, etc.
- Learn the basics of process’s such as Metals cutting, welding, converting, and packaging
On a regular basis the incumbent works with the following tools, equipment or work aids:
- Hand tools/power tools
- Voltmeters/high voltage probe
- Power meters
- Imaging plates
- Gas leak detector
- Minimum two-year technical degree in laser technology, electronics or electro-mechanics.
- Mechanical and electronic aptitude.
- Ability to communicate well and troubleshoot over the phone.
- Willing to train on Preco Software Packages.
- Willingness to travel up to (over course of one year) 60%.
- Valid driver's license and a good driving record.
- Laser processing emits some fumes (smoke/odors).
- Safety measures must be taken with electrical hazards associated with high voltage (35,000 volts).
- Safety glasses and shoes must be worn.
- Required to carry labtop computer and cell phone for extended hour coverage.
- Exert force to 50 lbs. occasionally, or a moderate amount of force frequently to lift, carry, push, pull, or move objects. Continuous (2) hours of sitting or standing. Continuous hours working with CRT screen and mouse.
- Frequent reaching, handling, and near acuity (under 20”).
- Occasional extended work days, travel and working around and/or with industrial equipment.
All Preco, LLC employees are empowered to stop production and notify their supervisor/manager if an unsafe act or product quality concern is occurring. Also, each member of the Preco – Somerset team is responsible for identifying continuous improvement opportunities and participating in problem-solving teams as necessary.
Send resume to: email@example.com
This position is located in Somerset, WI