Position Title: Rotary Applications Engineer
Department: Contract Manufacturing Services Production
Reports to: VP of Technology Development
Provide Rotary Converting technical support to the Contract Manufacturing Services sales, production, maintenance, and quality groups. Carry out a responsive engineering effort to gain and process profitable customer orders and help Preco exceed customers’ expectations. Works in operations, improving profitability, efficiency, productivity, and sales volume. Interfaces with the corporate technology departments, other business units and customers.
- Develop Manufacturing solutions and engineering support for Rotary and Flat Bed converting.
- Work with sales on new opportunities. Create efficient/effective and production-ready solutions.
- Bring new opportunities from test studies to trials to stable production.
- Documenting processes for production (OI, Inspection Plans, Data Sheets, Process flow drawings (web path).
- Develop estimated costs for proposed projects.
- Develop and execute a specific phased project plan for each approved application.
- Develop the process concept, proposal, budget, and timeline.
- Coordinate personnel for process and technology development, process design, manufacture, test, documentation, installation, and service.
- Assist Sales, Quality and Production on large/critical jobs to determine customer requirements and help launch production programs.
- Regularly analyzes services provided for customers to develop new ways to better satisfy customer needs (new/different equipment, alternative work methods, improved quality/service, etc.).
- Organizes and participates in Continuous Improvement efforts on production programs.
- Design tooling/work holding.
- Writes technical quality and production procedures.
- Assists in the coordination, compilation and analysis of test and inspection reports.
- Visits customers at their facilities as needed.
- Manage new projects working with customers to meet expectations.
- Completes other tasks as assigned by supervisor.
- Four-year engineering degree (ME preferred) or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 3 years of industrial experience.
- Knowledge of Solid Works, AutoCAD, PC-based software for word processing, spreadsheets, project management, design, and manufacturing preferred.
- Able to work independently, with very good verbal and written communication skills.
- 10% travel.
- Rotary Press or Flatbed Die press knowledge or working experience.
- Experience with leading multi-disciplinary teams whose members are provided from a matrix-type organization.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver equipment that meets the customer's expectations and is within budget.
- Handling and near vision- over 4 hours a day.
- Lifting and carrying up to 10 lbs., talking, hearing, and working alone 3-5 hours a day.
- Standing, sitting, stooping, and crouching for up to 4 hours a day.
- Walking and reading for 2-3 hours a day.
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
- 9 paid holidays per year
Available Shift Options
Monday – Friday
8:00am – 4:30pm
License & Certification
Driver's License (required)
- 4-year Engineering degree or equivalent experience
- Education or experience in Mechanical Engineering preferred
- 3 or more years' industrial experience
- Knowledge of Solid Works
- AutoCad, PC based software for word processing, spreadsheets
- Project management
- Design and manufacturing preferred
All Preco, LLC employees are empowered to stop production and notify their supervisor/manager if an unsafe act or product quality concern is occurring. Also, each member of the Preco – Somerset team is responsible for identifying continuous improvement opportunities and participating in problem-solving teams as necessary.
Send resume to: email@example.com
This position is located in Somerset, WI