Position Title: Quality Engineer
Reports to: Director of Contract Manufacturing Services Engineering & Quality
The Quality Engineer carries out a responsive quality effort to process profitable customer orders and help Preco exceed customers’ expectations. They will work on operations, improving profitability, efficiency, and productivity. This role interfaces with Sales, Engineering, Production, and other business units. Ultimately, they assist the Director of CMS Eng & Quality to drive and foster a continuous improvement environment throughout the organization.
- Develops and implements methods and procedures for the disposition of discrepant material. Identify CAPA opportunities.
- Leader of CAPA teams.
- Coordination of inspection and testing methods and sampling plans.
- Leader or Team Member representing quality and assuring quality on new product development projects.
- Leader or Team Member of quality improvement projects to reduce costs and reduce customer complaints.
- Evaluate product and/or process changes for impact on quality.
- Leader or Team Member of proactive efforts in product quality and process capability improvement.
- May be designated as SQF Practitioner Backup.
- Maintain ISO 9001:2015, ISO 13485:2016, SQF and FDA Compliance.
- Complete other tasks as assigned by Director.
Provides technical support services:
- Specifies and maintains necessary inspection and testing equipment to ensure conformance to customer specifications.
- Performs internal auditing functions.
- Develop new ways to better satisfy customer needs (new/different equipment, alternative work methods, improved quality/service, etc.) use of Lean Six Sigma.
- Leader of product and/or process qualification efforts, including customer requirements such as PPAP, First Article, FMEA, Control Plan, Gage Capability Studies, etc.
Provides administrative support:
- Provides periodic quality summary reports using statistical analysis CpK, SPC.
- Educates/trains employees on quality and continuous improvement concepts.
- Assists in designing, organizing, and facilitating employee training programs.
- Oversees technical writing projects concerning quality and production procedures.
- Completes other tasks as assigned by supervisor.
- Four-year technical degree (preferred) or two-year technical degree with equivalent experience
- Four years quality related experience
- Certified Welding Inspector (CWI) Certificate
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, leadership, written communication, and computer skills
- 10% travel
- Strong background in statistics, quality inspection methods, inspection equipment, AQL and ISO 9001, 13485 and/or SQF Edition 8
- Good understanding of laser processing equipment and methods and dimensional tolerancing desired
- Intermittent exposures to safe levels of cleaning solutions, acetone, epoxies, solvents, alcohols, and lead (solder smoke).
- Occasional noise exposer (working around loud-functioning machines).
- Working around moving machinery (forklifts & industrial equipment)
- Walking and standing on concrete and other hard surfaces
- Protective Equipment Required (eye ware, steel-toed foot ware, head/facial hair nets, etc.)
- Potential exposure to infectious diseases.
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
- 9 paid holidays per year
Available Shift Options
Monday – Friday
8:00am – 4:30pm
License & Certification
- Driver's License (required)
- Certified Welding Inspector (CWI) certificate preferred
- 4 years quality related experience
- Strong statistics background
- Quality inspections methods
- Inspection equipment
- AQL and ISO 90001, 13485, and or SQF Edition 9
- 2-year technical degree with equivalent experience
- 4-year engineering or techichnical degree preferred
All Preco, LLC employees are empowered to stop production and notify their supervisor/manager if an unsafe act or product quality concern is occurring. Also, each member of the Preco – Somerset team is responsible for identifying continuous improvement opportunities and participating in problem-solving teams as necessary.
Send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
This position is located in Somerset, WI