Position Title: Production Planner/Buyer
Reports to: Director of Operations
Responsible for entering ECN data and routing information into the MRP system. Creates production jobs based on the structure, routing, and MRP data. Schedules and prioritizes production jobs so they are completed to meet or exceed the customer ship dates. Works closely with engineering and production to ensure the correct information for each project is documented.
- Schedule component and assembly jobs according to the MRP system and engineering releases.
- Purchase material and components according to the MRP system.
- Enter structure and routing information from engineering into MRP system.
- Organize and maintain filing system for open and scheduled jobs.
- Expedite purchase orders and jobs and coordinate completion with production personnel.
- Process structure and routing updates for new engineering releases.
- Close jobs and issue parts or assemblies to the upper-level structure.
- Enter machining and assembly time for corresponding jobs into Sys-Pro / ERP system.
- May facilitate order reviews and assign factory numbers for new projects.
- Perform various tasks or projects as required by management.
- Purchases indirect facility items, machine tooling and fixtures as needed.
- High school graduate with college business courses preferred.
- Experience with an industrial MRP scheduling system desired.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines.
- Good computer, written and verbal communication skills.
- Familiar with reading and understanding blueprints and part descriptions.
Send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
This position is located in Lenexa, KS