Position Title: Production Lead – 3rd Shift + $5/hr Shift Differential
Department: Contract Manufacturing Services Production
Reports to: Shift Supervisor
Responsible for safe, efficient, and cost-effective long and short-run CMS production operations.
Responsible for maintaining continuous CMS production operations by ensuring that jobs are run in an efficient order and may oversee the scheduling of people and equipment to keep work flowing.
Maintain a safe, positive, and productive work environment for employees.
- Ensure that materials, tooling, and information are prepared for production staff.
- Support the production staff by keeping systems running. Additionally, transport finished goods, stage input materials, and cover for breaks.
- Provide work direction and training for production workers. Give input on performance reviews, coaching, etc.
- Verify that orders are complete and ready to be shipped.
- Complete documentation, pack parts in an appropriate and timely manner, report time and quantity correctly, complete product labels, and stage for shipping.
- Review all NMRs and work with different departments to determine the root cause.
- Assure the production team is performing line cleanout and work cell clean up prior to the next job.
- Review time reporting and efficiency of shift production staff.
- Work with shift LATs to resolve any issues and get the system back in production. Communicate with other shifts and leads for additional support if issues are not resolved.
- Train, mentor, and support production personnel on safety procedures and work efficiency.
- Take direction from the supervisor regarding shift priorities.
- Facilitate shift changeovers.
- Ensure and maintain part quality to job run specifications.
- Set up and manage long and short-run production jobs.
- Handles minor maintenance and systems checks.
- Responsible for facility lock up and shutdown of unused laser systems.
- Responsible for employees that are in the building during an emergency. (i.e.: fire, tornado, etc.)
- Required to communicate personal issues or concerns of production to support team and facility at the end of shift. Communication can be done in person or by written/email.
- Other tasks assigned by the supervisor.
- High school diploma or GED.
- 2 years of supervisory or lead work experience in automated production equipment.
- Associate Degree or course work in Management, Business, or Leadership.
- Working knowledge of QMS, ISO, and SQF.
- Working in an industrial environment.
- Sitting and/or standing for long periods of time (2-4 hours before a rest or change).
- Occasional squatting, kneeling or climbing.
- Excellent eyesight and hearing.
- Constant hand use, grasping, and fine manipulation throughout the day.
- Lift 40 pounds comfortably.
- Lifting 51+ pounds sporadically throughout the day and may be done with assistance.
Why work at Preco?
At Preco you will find a collaborative culture and a team united by a passion to provide solutions to our customers. Preco is a premier provider of laser, flat bed and rotary die cutting equipment solutions for advanced material processing needs. In addition, Preco is a skilled laser integrator offering cutting, perforating, welding, and other specialized industrial processing applications.
Preco's working environment is climate-controlled year-round and there are opportunities for career advancement.
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
- 9 paid holidays per year
Available Shift Options
10 hr shift
40 hr per week
Monday – Thursday
9:30pm – 7:30am
License & Certification
Driver's License (required)
High Scholl Diploma or equivalent (required)
- Leadership and Supervisory experience
- Automated production equipment
All Preco, LLC employees are empowered to stop production and notify their supervisor/manager if an unsafe act or product quality concern is occurring. Also, each member of the Preco – Somerset team is responsible for identifying continuous improvement opportunities and participating in problem-solving teams as necessary.
Send resume to: email@example.com
This position is located in Somerset, WI
$22.60 - $25.50 / hr base wage
Based on experience and skill
$5.00/hr shift differential on top of base wage
Overtime is usually available but not guaranteed