Position Title: Production Lead
Department: Contract Manufacturing Services Production
Reports to: Shift Supervisor
Responsible for safe, efficient, and cost-effective long and short-run CMS production operations.
Responsible for maintaining continuous CMS production operations by ensuring that jobs are run efficiently and may oversee the scheduling of people and equipment to keep work flowing.
- Maintain a safe, positive, and productive work environment for employees.
- Ensure that materials, tooling, and information are prepared for production staff.
- Support the production staff by keeping systems running. Additionally, transport finished goods, stage input materials, and cover for breaks.
- Provide work direction and training for production workers. Give input on performance reviews, coaching, etc.
- Verify that orders are complete and ready to be shipped.
- Complete documentation, pack parts in an appropriate and timely manner, report time and quantity correctly, complete product labels, and stage for shipping.
- Review all NMR’s and work with different departments to determine the root cause.
- Assure the production team is performing line cleanout and work cell clean up prior to the next job.
- Review time reporting and efficiency of shift production staff.
- Work with shift LAT’s to resolve any issues and get the system back in production. Communicate with other shifts and leads for additional support if issues are not resolved.
- Train, mentor, and support production personnel on safety procedures and work efficiency.
- Take direction from the supervisor regarding shift priorities.
- Facilitate shift changeovers.
- Ensure and maintain part quality to job run specifications.
- Set up and manage long and short-run production jobs.
- Handles minor maintenance and systems checks.
- Responsible for facility lock up and shutdown of unused laser systems.
- Responsible for employees that are in the building during an emergency (i.e. fire, tornado, etc.).
- Required to communicate personal issues or concerns of production to support team and facility at the end of shift. Communication can be done in-person or by written/email.
- Other tasks assigned by the supervisor.
- High school diploma or GED.
- 2 years of supervisory or lead work experience responsible for staff in automated production equipment.
- Must have good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to recognize and
- Associate Degree or course work in Management, Business, or Leadership.
- Working knowledge of QMS, ISO, and SQF.
- Working in an industrial environment.
- Sitting and/or standing for long periods of time (2-4 hours before a rest or change).
- Occasional squatting, kneeling, or climbing.
- Excellent eyesight and hearing.
- Constant hand use, grasping, and fine manipulation throughout the day.
- Lift 40 pounds comfortably.
- Lifting 51+ pounds sporadically throughout the day and may be done with assistance.
Why work at Preco?
At Preco you will find a collaborative culture and a team united by a passion to provide solutions to our customers. Preco is a premier provider of laser, flat bed and rotary die cutting equipment solutions for advanced material processing needs. In addition, Preco is a skilled laser integrator offering cutting, perforating, welding, and other specialized industrial processing applications.
Preco's working environment is climate-controlled year-round and there are opportunities for career advancement.
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
- 9 paid holidays per year
All Preco, Inc. employees are empowered to stop production and notify their supervisor/manager if an unsafe act or product quality concern is occurring. Also, each member of the Preco – Somerset team is responsible for identifying continuous improvement opportunities and participating in problem-solving teams as necessary.
Send resume to: email@example.com
This position is located in Somerset, WI
$22.50 - $25.50 / hr
Plus $5 / hr shift differential
Based on experience and skill
Overtime is available but not guaranteed