Position Title: Machinist
Reports to: General Foreman
Responsible for programming and machining various parts from blueprints and written or verbal instructions with minimal supervision. Required: Must be proficient with Okuma CNC lathe and programming in Conversational i.e. (Hurco Controls) / G-Code / Mastercam18.
- Produce machined parts by setting up and operating manual or CNC machine equipment.
- Create fixtures and tooling as needed to assist in the efficient fabrication of parts.
- Perform quality inspections on parts using basic measurement equipment.
- Complete routine machine maintenance and cleaning.
- Recommend process improvements and changes for increased machining efficiency.
- Assist in training of other staff on specific machines or processes.
- Perform various tasks or projects as required by management.
- High school graduate with 3 – 5 years of manual and / or CNC machining experience.
- Ability to read and understand blueprints.
- Proficient with various machine tools and basic measurement equipment.
- Familiar with the working properties of steel, aluminum and other materials.
- Ability to operate or be trained to operate a fork lift.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to stand or sit for long periods of time.
- Intermittent exposure to safe levels of cleaning solutions, solvents, cutting fluids and grease.
Send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
This position is located in Lenexa, KS