Position Title: Machinist II
Department: Systems Manufacturing
Reports to: Manufacturing Manager
Responsible for the machining and fitting of parts. Assembles blueprints based on written and verbal specifications with minimal supervision. Provides leadership, direction, and communication.
An ideal candidate for this position would possess a history of assembling parts and constructing fixtures to properly complete jobs. The candidate would have the ability to program and set up machinery while providing direction to other staff. Someone who understands the importance of quality checks, design improvements, and machining processes. The role requires the ability to program using CAMWORKS.
- Perform all responsibilities of a Machinist I
- Program, prove out, set up and operate all available machine tools.
- Determine machining sequences and perform progressive operations.
- Complete first article quality checks on each job.
- Produce parts involving very close tolerances or unusual requirements.
- Optimize machining processes.
- Create and file job documentation as follows:
- store program on the disc.
- printout program.
- fill out set-up sheet (tools, home position, fixturing, cutter comp., etc.).
- document special procedures and notes.
- Communicate potential design improvements with engineering both in writing and verbally
- Provide work direction and schedule workload for machine shop staff.
- Purchase cutting and inspection tooling, cutting and lubricating fluids, etc.
- Program machining center using M & G codes
- Familiarity with Mastercam and/or Surfcam.
- Technical school graduate in related field or equivalent training.
- 5-7 years of work-related experience.
- 2 years CNC programming and set-up experience.
- Ability to work from blueprints, sketches, and verbal instructions.
- Proficient in the use of standard, sophisticated machinist tools and measuring instruments.
- Strong knowledge of working properties of metals.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to program using CAMWORKS.
- Leadership experience and/or skills
- Lifting up to 50 lb.
- Occasionally 3-4 hours at a time of standing or sitting, also bending, crouching, overhead reaching and stooping for lesser periods.
- Intermittent exposures to safe levels of cleaning solutions, acetone, epoxies, solvents, alcohols, and lead (solder smoke).
- Ability to work with small parts.
- Good eyesight and good hand dexterity.
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
- 9 paid holidays per year
Available Shift Options
40 hr per week
Monday – Thursday
7:00am – 3:30pm
7:00am – 11:00am
Technical School Graduate in related field or equilivant training (required)
5–7 years related experience (preferred)
License & Certification
Driver's License (required)
- Ability to program using CAMWORKS
All Preco, LLC employees are empowered to stop production and notify their supervisor/manager if an unsafe act or product quality concern is occurring. Also, each member of the Preco – Somerset team is responsible for identifying continuous improvement opportunities and participating in problem-solving teams as necessary.
Send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
This position is located in Somerset, WI