Position Title: Machinist I
Department: Systems Manufacturing
Reports to: Manufacturing Manager
Responsible for the machining and fitting of parts. Assembles blueprints based on written and verbal specifications with minimal supervision
An ideal candidate for this position would possess a history of assembling parts and constructing fixtures to properly complete jobs. Someone who understands the importance of accuracy, quality, and maintenance. The role requires the ability to program HAAS VF-2 Mill.
- Efficiently produce parts by setting up and operating machine shop equipment.
- Make fixtures and tooling as needed to complete jobs.
- Complete alignment and quality checks using basic measuring devices.
- Recommend design improvements and process changes with limited supervision.
- Responsible for machine maintenance.
- Assist and train other staff personnel in machining and other tasks related to machining.
- Complete special projects as required.
- Technical school graduate in related field or equivalent training.
- Ability to work from blueprints, sketches, and verbal instructions.
- Proficient in the use of standard machinist tools and measuring instruments.
- Ability to program HAAS VF-2.
- Math and mechanical aptitude.
- Familiar with the working properties of metals.
- Ability to operate a forklift.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Lifting up-to 50 lb.
- Occasionally 3-4 hours at a time of standing or sitting, also bending, crouching, overhead reaching and stooping for lesser periods.
- Intermittent exposures to safe levels of cleaning solutions, acetone, epoxies, solvents, alcohols, and lead (solder smoke).
- Ability to work with small parts.
- Good eyesight and good hand dexterity.
Why work at Preco?
At Preco you will find a collaborative culture and a team united by a passion to provide solutions to our customers. Preco is a premier provider of laser, flat bed and rotary die cutting equipment solutions for advanced material processing needs. In addition, Preco is a skilled laser integrator offering cutting, perforating, welding, and other specialized industrial processing applications.
Preco's working environment is climate-controlled year-round and there are opportunities for career advancement.
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
- 9 paid holidays per year
Available Shift Options
40 hr per week
Monday – Thursday
7:00am – 3:30pm
7:00am – 11:00am
Technical School Graduate in related field or equilivant training (required)
License & Certification
Driver's License (required)
- Ability to program HAAS VF-2 Mill.
All Preco, LLC employees are empowered to stop production and notify their supervisor/manager if an unsafe act or product quality concern is occurring. Also, each member of the Preco – Somerset team is responsible for identifying continuous improvement opportunities and participating in problem-solving teams as necessary.
Send resume to: email@example.com
This position is located in Somerset, WI
$20 - $25 / hr
Based on experience and skill
Overtime is available but not guaranteed