Position Title: Laser Applications Technician
Department: Contract Manufacturing Services
Reports to: Production Supervisor
Set-up, run and QC parts using laser systems assuring maximum safety, efficiency and conformance to customer specifications.
Program and operate equipment in Contract Manufacturing Services. Specific responsibilities are as follows:
- Set-up beam delivery, laser and tooling
- Write and/or debug programs using CNC programming or Preco specific software
- Direct production labor upon completion of equipment setup/validation
- Operate laser machinery to process materials/parts to meet customer specifications
- Initiate and perform "best practice" efforts
- Document changes to existing jobs (parameters, tooling, etc.) for future production runs
- Perform test studies, documenting parameters, tooling and any additional information as required
- Follow and create work instructions, as required
- Perform necessary preventive maintenance, as directed
- Complete required paperwork
- Various other duties as directed by Supervisor
- Two-year technical degree required, four-year degree desired
- Knowledge of CNC programming (M and G-codes)
- Computer skills and math aptitude
- Proven background regarding self-direction and motivation
- Lifting of up to 40 pounds occurs sporadically throughout the day.
- Sitting and/or standing for long periods of time (2.4 hours before a rest or change).
- There are rapid repetitive motions of the hands and wrist for 2-4 hour periods.
- Repetitive back, wrists, arm, shoulder, elbow, and finger movements occur continuously.
- Forklift driving is also part of the job.
All Preco, LLC employees are empowered to stop production and notify their supervisor/manager if an unsafe act or product quality concern is occurring. Also, each member of the Preco – Somerset team is responsible for identifying continuous improvement opportunities and participating in problem-solving teams as necessary.
Send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
This position is located in Somerset, WI