Position Title: Engineering Technical Assistant
Department: Manufacturing Engineering
Reports to: Contract Manufacturing Services Engineering Manager
An internal support position will assist Contract Manufacturing Services Engineers in performing a wide variety of departmental administrative/technical functions in the completion of various activities relevant to contract manufacturing engineering projects.
The Engineering Technical Assistant is primarily responsible for completing and coordinating a wide variety of departmental and project administrative tasks. Examples of specific tasks include:
- Create operator instructions for the production manufacturing processes which includes gathering process pictures, steps in the process, and writing the documents.
- Creating stock codes to assist engineers in creating structures for BOMs.
- Taking direction from engineers in creating engineering change orders and compiling all documents to present for approval.
- Create all types of written documents for the engineering department to improve the execution and efficiency of the team.
- Work with engineers to establish routings for manufacturing processes and include with engineering change order preparation.
- Write qualification documents and other process capability studies with guidance from engineers.
- As needed, perform manufacturing test validations, and/or runs and document results of manufacturing engineering tests.
- Communicates with engineers and other internal departments on a technical level and develops specifications and detailed documents for CMS.
- Resolves technical problems that may occur during production.
- Assists laser application technicians in developing process documentation and quality improvement projects.
- Improves utilization of materials and tooling.
- Complete special projects as assigned.
- Two-year degree in a business-related or technical area or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of two years of administrative support or related experience with engineering processes.
- Skilled in PC-based software for word processing, spreadsheet, database
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Understanding of basic engineering functions desired
- Work in a shop environment on engineering projects where hands on work is required.
- Sedentary-exert force to 10 lbs. occasionally, or a negligible amount of force frequently to lift, carry, push, pull or move objects.
- Extended hours of sitting and viewing a computer screen.
All Preco, LLC employees are empowered to stop production and notify their supervisor/manager if an unsafe act or product quality concern is occurring. Also, each member of the Preco – Somerset team is responsible for identifying continuous improvement opportunities and participating in problem-solving teams as necessary.
Send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
This position is located in Somerset, WI