Position Title: Controls Engineer
Department: LED Engineering
Reports to: Director of Controls Engineering
The Controls Engineer is responsible for the controls architecture design, programming, implementation, and commissioning of laser-based processing systems for both external and internal customers.
- HMI and PLC control design and programming of web, XYZ-Cartesian and robotic laser-based systems including general automation as well as safety, on various control platforms. (e.g. Rockwell Automation, Delta Tau, Adept, Yaskawa, etc.)
- General commissioning of laser processing systems and commissioning of PCs for those systems, including loading and configuring component software, configuring networks, etc.
- Generate detailed specifications, functional requirements, test plans, protocols and procedures.
- Provide training to service technicians and customers on the set-up, operation, and troubleshooting of the laser systems.
- Support sales in quoting activities for laser control systems including component selection and estimates of labor hours.
- Assist in the generation of documentation for customer manuals.
- Support Service Department for systems in the field including troubleshooting, upgrading control platforms, etc.
- A minimum 4-year BSEE or BSCS Degree is required with a minimum of 2 years of experience in an industrial motion control and systems environment. Experience in industrial laser processing systems is ideal.
- Demonstrated experience in the design and implementation of HMI/PLC-based control systems.
- Strong knowledge in configuration of PCs (policies, user rights, networks, etc.)
- Strong mechanical and electrical aptitude.
- Knowledge in the Rockwell Automation (Both HMIs and PLCs).
- Knowledge in Delta Tau (Turbo, Power PMAC) Programming Environments a plus.
- Knowledge in robotic programming, particularly Adept and Yaskawa, is a plus.
- Familiar with industrial field networks; Profinet, Ethernet IP, Modbus, OPC, etc.
- General knowledge of general business software (Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.)
- Safety risk assessment knowledge is a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Direct, email, and phone communications with customers, component suppliers, company personnel, and contract personnel.
- Travel to customer facilities for test and debug, installation, and service related activities.
- Extended hours of sitting and viewing a computer screen.
- Occasional standing or working in a shop environment.
All Preco, LLC employees are empowered to stop production and notify their supervisor/manager if an unsafe act or product quality concern is occurring. Also, each member of the Preco – Somerset team is responsible for identifying continuous improvement opportunities and participating in problem-solving teams as necessary.
Send resume to: email@example.com
This position is located in Somerset, WI