Position Title: Buyer
Reports to: Purchasing/Materials Manager
Under Purchasing Manager’s direction, places orders as well as expedites assigned commodities. Provides a variety of clerical support functions to purchasing and assists in vendor communications. Insures organized information flow and smooth daily operations in the purchasing group and other operations groups.
- Purchases assigned commodities.
- Processes returned goods in timely manner.
- Expedites and pre-expedites open purchase orders.
- Obtain New Supplier form and attach in Syspro.
- Updates all PO due dates.
- Creates and maintains the filing system for all purchasing documents.
- Update Supplier ISO Cert., and identifies if Critical or Sole source.
- Responsible to obtain product shelf life.
- Obtain quotes and documents quote in Sypro by part.
- Performs data entry of purchasing transactions.
- Provide prints with all outgoing PO’s where warranted. Ensure print revision matches PO revision.
- Process MA & PR forms.
- Create jobs for order placement.
- Coordinates print requests to documentation for order placement and RFQ’s.
- Provides support as requested from other departments within Preco.
- Ensure Po’s have detailed information for every part.
- Supply Preco driver with daily pick up and delivery requirements.
- Minimum of an Associates degree, BS/BA degree in Business, Supply Chair Operations or Engineering desired.
- Minimum 3 years of purchasing experience
- Proven ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Must be able to read fabricated parts drawings.
- Good communication, written and verbal skills.
- Familiarity with PC’s and applications software.
- Direct communications with company personnel and external suppliers.
All Preco, LLC employees are empowered to stop production and notify their supervisor/manager if an unsafe act or product quality concern is occurring. Also, each member of the Preco – Somerset team is responsible for identifying continuous improvement opportunities and participating in problem-solving teams as necessary.
Send resume to: email@example.com
This position is located in Somerset, WI