Position Title: Administrative Specialist
Reports to: Director of Human Resources
The Administrative Specialist performs duties too varied and diverse to be classified in any specific office clerical occupation, requiring knowledge of office systems and procedures.
The Administrative Specialist’s responsibilities include providing a welcoming customer and visitor experience, telephone switchboard – greeting callers and customers, taking, and relaying messages, and supporting other personnel and departments with clerical duties.
Clerical duties may be assigned in accordance with the office procedures and may include a combination of typing or word processing, office machine operation, monitoring office inventory, ordering supplies, and special projects as assigned.
- Answer and screen all incoming telephone calls; maintain professional image; greet incoming personnel, i.e., customers, vendors, and job applicants
- Prepare outgoing mail for the post office and sort and distribute incoming mail
- Routine clerical work using Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Copying and filing, as required
- Maintain and order all front office supplies
- Various other assignments as needed
- Directing communications between company personnel and external customers
- Cross-department assistance with projects and various task as requested
- High School Diploma - or the equivalent (for example, GED)
- Two-year business degree or equivalent experience preferred
- Course work in business desired
- Computer skills, proficiency with Outlook and MS Office applications (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Types a minimum of 40 words per minute (WPM)
- 3-5 years of office experience desired
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to effectively interact with the customers, vendors and staff members
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and handle stress
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of office equipment operation
- Maintain high level of confidentiality
- Extended hours of sitting, viewing a computer screen, keyboard operation
- Direct communications with company personnel and external customers
All Preco, LLC employees are empowered to stop production and notify their supervisor/manager if an unsafe act or product quality concern is occurring. Also, each member of the Preco – Somerset team is responsible for identifying continuous improvement opportunities and participating in problem-solving teams as necessary.
Send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
This position is located in Somerset, WI