Position Title: Welder
Department: CMS Production
Reports to: CMS Supervisor
Prepare metal components and assemble them into fixtures using hand tools, pneumatic tooling, using measuring instruments to assure quality expectations are met utilizing maximum safety and efficiency. May use various welding techniques (ex. RSW, GTAW, & GMAW) using a qualified WPS. Weld qualification may be required. Inspect parts and assemblies to customer specifications and requirements.
- Assemble and weld components into a final assembly.
- Excavate porosity and repair weld as necessary.
- Measure, document, and ensure components meet cost, quality, and delivery.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- High school education or GED.
- Post High School education in a welding curriculum is preferred.
- Perform and pass a weld qualification per a qualified WPS.
- Post High School education with a focused curriculum in SMAW, GMAW, GTAW.
- Significant welding experience using welding techniques in SMAW, GMAW & GTAW.
- Experience in metal fabrication following an AWS code (ex. D1.1, D17.1)
- Perform finishing operations using hand tools and air pneumatic tooling as required.
- Ability to use and read WPSprecision measuring equipment.
- Lifting of up to 40 pounds occurs sporadically throughout the day.
- Sitting and/or standing for long periods of time (2-4 hours before a rest or change).
- There are rapid repetitive motions of the hands and wrist for 2-4 hour periods.
- Repetitive back, wrists, arm, shoulder, elbow, and finger movements occur continuously.
- Forklift driving is also part of the job and the work environment is dirty and noisy.
All Preco, LLC employees are empowered to stop production and notify their supervisor/manager if an unsafe act or product quality concern is occurring. Also, each member of the Preco – Somerset team is responsible for identifying continuous improvement opportunities and participating in problem-solving teams as necessary.
Send resume to: email@example.com
This position is located in Somerset, WI