Position Title: Materials Specialist
Department: Contract Manufacturing Services Production
Reports to: Production Manager
Responsible for accurately transacting inventory through receipts, issues, cycle counting and physical inventories. Stocks and picks parts on schedule to meet demands for the floor and individual inventory transfers. Assists in cost effective inventory management and prevention of stock-outs.
- Performs a variety of material transactions on the computerized manufacturing system.
- Assist with filing of assorted forms, i.e. purchase orders, transfer tickets and requisitions.
- Identify and document non-conforming products.
- Receives, stocks and picks inventory for issuance to the floor or requisitioner.
- Assists in cycle counting and physical inventories to insure on-hand accuracies.
- Provides clerical assistance to Production Manager as requested.
- Help maintain a clean, safe and orderly work environment.
- Other job duties as assigned by the supervisor, which may include support to other departments within Preco.
- High school graduate.
- Experience with computerized manufacturing /inventory software is desirable.
- Ability to learn computer software for inventory control required.
- Aptitude for numbers.
- Accuracy and good organizational skills.
- Annual physical inventory requires work attendance/possible overtime during the last two weeks of the calendar year.
- Sitting/standing for long periods (2 hrs).
- Repeat motion with keyboarding.
- Lifting (frequent) 10 times per day up to 70 pounds.
All Preco, LLC employees are empowered to stop production and notify their supervisor/manager if an unsafe act or product quality concern is occurring. Also, each member of the Preco – Somerset team is responsible for identifying continuous improvement opportunities and participating in problem-solving teams as necessary.
Send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
This position is located in Somerset, WI